Saturday, September 30, 2006

Pictures for Paulina

We are in Akademgorodok, Siberia. You can check out our Whit Web Whereabouts blog to see what we're doing there. One of our most enjoyable activities has been to spend time with a few students.
They say this helps them to practice their English. In fact, we think we get much more out of our time together--they interpret for us; they explain things to us; and, they take us places. We were discussing loons which are not known here. Paulina wanted to see big photos of these wonderful birds. She found only my puny photos on this blog. Here are some bigger ones that I found for her at the Loon photos link.

























1 Comments:

Blogger Susie said...

Paulina! Thank you for taking care of my darling parents! I know they appreciate your tour guiding as much as you do their English speaking!

When you (or the other ladies?) are in the US next year, I hope you'll make it up to New York City for a night or two on the town! It's really a remarkable place-one whose wonders I am wowed by every day!

Thanks again. I know it's not a chore, but I really do appreciate knowing they're being taken care of!

Tue Oct 03, 10:11:00 PM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home