Thursday, May 18, 2006

Spring is bursting out


Look at the difference in the shore line in 3 1/2 weeks: the house is obscured, the leaves are emerging in many colors, their seeds dropping everywhere. We took a short boat ride this evening. It's chilly when the sun goes down. No sign of the loons. I've been here since Saturday night: have not heard nor seen a loon. I've been reading the loon books but none of them discusses a long silence during mating season. They are silent in the winter when they are on the ocean but their voices are so prominent during the summer. I wonder what is going on.

2 Comments:

Blogger Maria said...

As nice as France is, I would love to be sitting at the end of the dock right now! :)

Fri May 19, 11:18:00 AM CDT  
Blogger Susie said...

I am SO excited for the July family reunion and for Kate's Bachelorette party. I miss the lake dearly, and the time it implies spent with you, Dad, Boots and Rob. What a beautiful place. It's where I want to bring everyone I love. And be with everyone I love! I miss you guys, as always!

Sat May 20, 03:53:00 AM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home